Good beginnings are hard to find. Some of these will be good, some bad and some stinkers. The exercise is to see how many of each I can come up with when they pop into my head. Well, hopefully they'll all be good or okay, but in any case, its to get me focused on doing something. Can they be a launchpad for something bigger?

Monday, January 23, 2006

Radio Analysis

And welcome back. Don't you just love those paid advertisement spots? I certainly do, but then again I get paid from them so its an unconditional love I suppose.
Anyyyyyyyyyway, we're looking at song lyrics today and there have been a mountain of calls since the lines were opened and there are some very interesting suggestions. Some crapfests as well, but what're you gonna do? Paul from Des Moines, I think you need some therapy, I seriously do.


I have to say right off the bat that while I do dearly love "Bohemian Rhapsody", and at least 47 of you who took the time to pick up the phone and call probably feel the same, its been done to death. Seriously, even before the Internet there have been more discussions on the lyrics of that particular classic than theories about Kennedy's assassination. Perhaps the clue is the word classic there? Its been around for a while and is globally celebrated people, so lets look beyond that.

Some good suggestions from many others though, and while I would love us to talk about each and every one of them, we are sort of limited to songs which have been released commercially and on this planet. Paul, its you again buddy. Sorry my friend, but radio signals received from Martians on your little home made satellite dish and SETI hack job really don't have room for much analysis, even if they were released to the buying public. Hello? There do need to be some lyrics for us to analyse!

But I digress. You still have the time it takes me to spin this next tune – and by spin, you know I mean click on the song with my handy mouse and press play – to get your nomination in, so get dialling.

Paul, if you can call us back, we'll put you in touch with someone who can help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home